Robert J. Cotter New Investigator Award
This award was established to honor
the memory of Bob Cotter, a founding member of US HUPO, for his many contributions
to scientific research and for his legacy as a mentor to young scientists. Each year, the award will be given to an
individual early in his or her career, in recognition of significant
achievements in proteomics. The award recipient will be honored at the US
HUPO annual conference with a commemorative plaque, $1,000 cash award, and will present
an award lecture.
New Investigator Nomination Form - Deadline is December 5, 2014
Nominations and Self-Nominations are both accepted and encouraged.
- Nominee must be a current US HUPO member.
- Nominee must be within the first five years of their first faculty appointment at the time of application.
- The awardee must be available to attend the annual conference, March 15 - 18, 2015 in Tempe, AZ, to receive the award and present a plenary lecture.
- 2014: Judit Villen (University of Washington)
- 2013: Rebecca Gundry (Medical College of Wisconsin)
Judit Villen (University of Washington)
Poster Awards for Post-Doctoral Fellow and Graduate Student
All post-docs and graduate students attending the annual conference and presenting a poster may participate in the competition. During the online abstract submission process you will be invited to indicate your interest in participating. Winners receive a certificate and $200 cash award.
2013 Poster Award Recipients
Best Poster - Post-Doctoral Fellow
Sarah Parker (Johns Hopkins University)
Poster Title: Quantitative Comparison of Protein Expression Between Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells of Different Embryonic Lineages of Origin (View Poster)
Best Poster - Graduate Student
Kevin Chandler (Georgetown University)
Poster Title: Characterization of Glycan Microheterogeneity in Serum Glycoprotein ITIH4 (View Poster)